Digital Experience Design encompasses much more than just building a pretty website, beginning with defining and designing experiences that meet user needs and expectations, with well-defined UX, UI and Content. When implemented correctly, Experience Design can be integral to improving your Return on Investment (ROI) in Salesforce by increasing customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention, and revenue.
But how can you measure the ROI of Design? And what are some examples of successful Experience Design projects that have delivered positive business outcomes?
This blog post answers these questions and shows how “Design” can boost your ROI.
How to measure the ROI of Experience Design
The ROI of Design is a complex formula that can be applied to every project, and it depends on various factors, such as your business goals, target audience, industry, competitors, and current situation. There are some standard methods and metrics you can use to estimate and evaluate the ROI of Design. These include:
- Cost-benefit analysis: This method compares the costs of investing in Experience Design (such as qualitative and quantitative research, content analysis and creation, UX and UI Design, and UI Development) with the benefits that it brings, such as increased conversions, sales, and retention.
- A/B testing: This method compares two versions of a product or service (one with improved Design and one without) and measures their performance on key indicators such as click-through rate, bounce rate, and time on site.
- Customer feedback: This method collects response data from your users via methods such as surveys, interviews, and reviews–and analyzes their satisfaction with your product or service.
- Customer lifetime value: This metric calculates the total revenue a customer will generate throughout their time with your business, measuring acquisition cost, retention rate, average purchase value, and frequency.
Experience Design Case Study Examples
These examples demonstrate how Experience Design improved the ROI for different businesses:
Experience Design Success Metrics
The good news is that there are key metrics showing the benefits of a digital product that is strategically designed. These experience design success signals include:
- Improved content discovery, measured by SEO and onsite search conversion
- Customer loyalty, measured by lifetime value, repeat purchases, and referrals.
- Clear user pathways, measured by lowered cart abandonment rates, increased conversion rate, and increased average order value (AOV)
There are also other benefits which may not be as obvious at first, including:
- Reduction in support calls as site visitors complete more tasks, independently
- Reduction in time to complete common tasks, encouraging repeat transactions
- Market share as brands siphon customers from lower-performing sites and competitors
Benefits of User Experience Design for Your Salesforce Implementation
Experience Design is more than just a nice-to-have feature for your Salesforce commerce implementation - it’s a strategic investment that can significantly impact your bottom line.
Applying Experience Design principles and processes to your project allows you to create (digital) B2B experiences that delight your users and meet their needs. This will result in higher customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention, and increased revenue for your business.
To learn more about how Experience Design can boost your ROI, contact us today so we can help you create meaningful and profitable user experiences.