Both traditional retail and the eCommerce space have been significantly impacted by COVID-19. Current market situations mean that retailers, restaurants, and all kinds of industries have to adapt quickly.
A few weeks ago, we spoke with a retailer who mentioned that while their eCommerce sales are significantly up, their store experience has been terrible. Not only did they have to close their brick-and-mortar location to the public, but it’s been challenging for their associates to manage direct-from-store orders.
Customers are calling the store to place orders, and it’s challenging to get through busy signals, for associates who are playing phone tag replying to messages, and trying to rapidly deploy a process to manage all of this.
Object Edge decided that we needed to create a solution that could be quickly implemented, and we’re excited to share that we’ve developed Curbspot.
How It Works
Let’s break down the benefits, requirements, and functionality of Curbspot.
- Cost savings - eliminate time wasted by associates going back-and-forth with customers, and streamline communications
- End customer frustration - make the ordering process simple and smooth
- Give clients a branded, modern, digital experience - an elegant solution that represents your company well
- Keep clients comfortable, safe, and alleviate fears - build customer loyalty by offering them a safe, minimal contact experience
- No integrations needed - quick and easy to implement
- Communicate curbside capabilities - you’ll need to be able to share with your customer base this new service and experience which you are now offering
- Have an existing system to manage inventory - to properly manage online orders, you’ll need some way to keep track of what items who have in-store
- Have an existing text message opt-in (or get opt-in if you use texts) - legally, you’ll need permission from your customers to communicate with them via text
- Have a way associates can fill orders - you’ll need a way internally for associates to locate and assemble items for customer orders
- Spreadsheet simplicity - provide us with a spreadsheet of your inventory, and we’ll make those items shopable products within Curbspot
- Easy associate experience - Curbspot is a cloud-based technology, so it can be accessed on any device. You can scale quickly by having associates use personal devices. There is a store-level login (not associate logins) so you won’t need to create numerous accounts. Employees can simply login online and manage customer orders immediately.
- Mobile & desktop capabilities - customers can also access Curbspot on any device
- Customized experience - you can upload your brand’s logo, and customize confirmation messages that customers receive when orders have been completed
When an order is submitted, an associate can login and complete the “Add Order” section once they have filled it. Then, the customer receives a text or email indicating that their order is ready.
The customer will go to the store, and can click on “Curbside Pickup Now” to let the store know they have arrived. The store will receive an alert, and an associate can verify the customer’s order before delivering curbside.
If for some reason the associate cannot find the customer, or the customer can provide more detail (such as where they’ve parked), or can even reschedule.
Curbspot has launched. Learn more here.