Salesforce is a market leader in the Quote-to-Cash (QTC) process, building the tools that allow midsized and enterprise businesses to own their revenue cycles.
What is the Salesforce Quote-to-Cash Process?
Salesforce Quote-to-Cash is a comprehensive system that includes end-to-end selling solutions, including:
- Renewals and Subscription
- Reporting and Analytics
Salesforce Quote-to-Cash Process
The Quote-to-Cash solution is designed for a clear end result: successful, completed sales. This complex process includes the following steps:
- Product development and configuration: create and refine products and services, and tailor solutions to your customers’ needs.
- Customized pricing: roll out tiered, account-specific, or user-specific pricing, as well as discounts, special offers, and product bundling.
- Finalize quotes and contract details: prepare precise, formal quotes that are easy for the customer to understand, share, and sign online.
- Order fulfillment: manage inventory, shipping, and invoicing and receipts.
- Renewals/subscriptions: set up and allow customers to manage their renewals and subscriptions through self-service experiences.
Differences Between Quote-to-Cash and CPQ
CPQ is a critical component of QTC, but it’s not the entirety of the process. Other systems - including inventory, billing, and payments - make up the quote-to-cash system.
Salesforce Quote-to-Cash Features
- Automation: increases efficiency and accuracy in creating quotes, contracts, and other documents.
- Information management and analysis: sophisticated solutions manage and analyze client information, providing critical data to your team, and increasing the likelihood of sales.
- Customized service: individualized customer service, pricing, and self-service experiences.
- Faster results: faster selling, invoicing, and reporting processes, allowing for more efficient revenue capture and planning.
Salesforce Basics of the Quote-to-Cash Process
Salesforce Quote-to-Cash Partners
Object Edge offers comprehensive Quote-to-Cash Process solutions, including:
- Salesforce eCommerce, CPQ, and subscription implementation
- UX and design for QTC solutions (e.g. CPQ UX design, eCommerce experience design)
- Data engineering and analytics