SOLR Technology Implementation Partner
A super-fast, open source enterprise search platform
Solr implementation allows business to create an open source enterprise search platform built on Apache Lucene. It’s a scalable and fault tolerant open source search platform.
- Centralized configuration
- Automated failover and recovery
- Distributed indexing
- Replication and load-balanced querying
Solr is the source behind the search and navigation features of many of the world’s biggest websites.
Solr implementation boasts numerous features, including:
- Optimization for High Traffic - Solr has a history of success handling significant traffic
- Easily Scalable - Built on Apache Zookeeper, Solr can easily scale up or down as needed. It also handles replication, distribution, rebalancing, and fault tolerance out-of-the-box, so you can scale faster
- Real-Time Indexing - Lucene’s near real-time indexing enables businesses to see content in a timely fashion
- Advanced Search Capabilities - Lucene also empowers full-text matching capabilities such as phrases, wildcards, joins, grouping, and other data types
- Flexibility - Solr is created to adapt to needs while also offering easy configuration
- Simple Monitoring - Get insights into your instances with Solr, which publishes metric data via JMX
- Advanced Administrative Interfaces - Solr has a built-in administrative user interface so that you can easily control your instances
- Extensible Plugins - Solr publishes numerous extension points that that businesses can easily plugin index and query time plugins. And, since it’s Apache-licensed open source, you can change any code.
- Standards Based Open Interfaces - Solrs uses your preferred tool (XML, JSON, and HTTP) to make application building easy
Other Benefits of Solr Implementation
Additionally, the Solr community provides support and empowers clients to give their own feedback.
Their client resources include everything from simple-to-navigate tutorials to in-depth documentation, all accessible online.
Solr is tested and proven, powering some of the world’s most heavily-trafficked websites and industry leaders, including: eHarmony, Sears, StubHub, Best Buy, and Zappos.
A standalone enterprise search server with a REST-like API, Solr indexes via JSON, XML, CSV, or binary over HTTP. Clients query it via HTTP GET and can receive JSON, XML, CSV, or binary results.
If your business is in need of Solr implementation or if you would like to work with a Solr partner, reach out to Object Edge.