A leading global telecommunications manufacturer needed a way for B2B customers on the SAP Ariba Network to easily punchout from Ariba to their eCommerce store to find the products they need and place an order. The client’s catalog includes complex products, including configurable and personalizable products. They also have a comprehensive B2B account structure - with prices defined at the account or contract level. The punchout experience in the Ariba platform had to match that same level of sophistication.
This solution would provide two key benefits:
- Reduce manual work that the manufacturer needs to do to set up and refresh catalogs for their different buyers
- Provide an elevated experience to the buyers by bringing them to the eCommerce storefront
Object Edge needed to allow for punchout order creation, with a few key elements:
- Allowing auto sign-in to the manufacturer’s store from Ariba. Customers need to seamlessly access the storefront from their procurement application, so that the purchase process is easy and convenient.
- Shopping without distraction. Customers should see only features relevant to their shopping purchase, so that purchases are completed quickly.
- View custom products and prices. Customers should only see the catalog and prices specific to their contract.
- Add an item to punch out cart. Customers can add items to cart in their shopping experience.
Create purchase order in Ariba. As a punchout user in the store, customers can punchback to their procurement application to create a purchase order.