To tackle this complex site replatform, Object Edge took a highly collaborative and communicative approach with the retailer and Oracle teams.
Complex eCommerce Applications
In this project, Object Edge led four different projects, carefully to coordinate to ensure a smooth launch:
- Implementation of Oracle CX Commerce (OCC) from Oracle Commerce (ATG)
- Implementation of Agent Console Extension (ACE). This is a Saas product that Object Edge built as an enhanced version of OCC Agent Console. ACE was heavily customized to meet the retailer’s business needs.
- Implementation of a custom middleware: out of the 30+ integrations that are required for running the storefront, 25+ integrations have been custom built in this middleware. Some of these integrations have complex business logic embedded in.
- Implementation of Curbspot order fulfillment solution for BOPIS and curbside pickup for retail locations
- Migration of the Oracle CX Commerce storefronts to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
Complex eCommerce Experience
- Extensive catalog: Over 55K SKU
- Two locales: (English and French)
- Two customer types: B2C and B2B
- Multiple fulfillment options: BOPIS, shipping via multiple carriers, shipping-to-Post-Office, Curbspot
- Inventory for about 50 stores for all of the 55K SKUs
- Payment options: Credit card, gift card, purchase order, Paypal, Eigen, split payments, purchase order (for B2B)
- Product mix: Hard goods, Electronic goods (electronic gift cards)
- +150 basic checkout scenarios on the eCommerce storefront
- User generated content tying DIY projects to the shopping experience
- Integrations with search (constructor.io), marketing (Bronto), ratings and reviews (Bazaarvoice)
Complex Data Flow and Data Migration
As a commitment to their customers, this retailer gives a lifetime guarantee for all orders. This means that a customer can return items at any time - and means that all data from customers and orders had to be preserved.
In order to preserve this historical data, Object Edge created a custom tool to migrate data from ATG to OCC. This comprehensive data migration included:
- Customers (migrating from ATG to OCC)
- Order information (about 800K orders, from a number of databases)
- Customer wish lists
- In-stock notification requests (customer created)